Monday, February 6, 2012

The Mural

I am always looking for ways to add more art to my classroom. While I love that we have big windows, we don't have much wall space. I had this one very big, very blank wall at one end of my classroom. While finishing up a unit on typography with my 7th graders, I came up with the idea to have them paint art quotes in different fonts on this wall. They worked in small groups and I used quotes and images I found on Pinterest to project onto the wall and they traced them.
Here it is in the beginning:














Getting there, getting there. I wasn't too pleased with the blue quote but I've been working on "fixing it" for legibility. It was hard to decide on whether to use paint or sharpie so we used a mix of both.
Here is the latest update (students worked on while I was gone on Friday and thus some editing of the blue quote--I was not happy):














We are starting on clay this week, so this is put on hold while we make our coil bowls. I'm anxious to see it completely done! There are some spacing issues, but overall I think it looks great!






No comments:

Post a Comment