Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Welcome to the 2013-14 School Year!

After a fun filled summer, I'm back in action at Five Oaks! We are still on an every-other-day schedule, but I'm hoping this year will be slightly better since I got a feel for pacing and timing last year. I'm excited to try some new projects this year.

We're about a week in and students are working on their nametags. Up next will be sketchbooks. I'm sticking to what I did last year, last semester. Sixth graders will still have 3-prong folders--which makes it easier to re-fill since they always tend to run out of sketchbook paper. Seventh graders are making sketchbooks out of paperbags--a project I borrowed from my fellow art teacher, Tricia. And again 8th graders will have real sketchbooks--collaging the covers.
7th grade sketchbook example

I create inserts for 6th and 7th grade--including warm up pages. I adjusted those the warm ups page.



I also have a list of drawing ideas I include. These, along, with blank paper will be their "sketchbooks"!

3 comments:

  1. Can I ask what SWAT stands for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students With A Task--it was a rotating cleaning system I used for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came upon this post. I’m going from a K5-12 private school to start my first year at a public middle school (6th-8th) school.May I use your worksheets? Also, what do you do with the warm up worksheet? Is this in addition to your sketchbook assignments?

    ReplyDelete