Friday, March 2, 2012

8th Grade Ceramic Projects

sushi

robot, pancakes (toast?) and a plate of cookies

Love this! Wish the glazing was better (light in some spots)

by far, the talk of all my classes









































































Usually for 8th grade, I show my students different examples of previous handbuilt projects and they propose their own ceramic piece to make. There is a "clay proposal" form they must fill out. For kids who haven't had art before and as a review for those that have, I demo different techniques to construct their pieces. For the most part they turn out really well. For the students that need a little bit more direction, I give them a specific assignment. Food is usually popular! This trimester they turned out pretty good! There were some that I wish had glazed better, but all in all I was pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment